Covid-19 Precaustion Updates for Auke Lake Bed & Breakfast
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff are the highest priority at Auke Lake B&B. As we all continue to monitor the coronavirus COVID-19, we want to make you aware of the measures we have implemented to help safeguard the health of those visiting.
We have redesigned our inn to offer our guests a rejuvenating, private getaway with modifications to ensure social distancing.
When you arrive you will find a note on our front door to assist you in a new Self-Check in procedure.
We are temporarily suspending our communal group breakfast. We have partnered with Auke Bay Cafe. Auke Bay Cafe is on the ground floor of the Squires building in Auke Bay Alaska. They serve breakfast from 7am to 5pm daily. They feature waffles & crepes but they have a full breakfast menu. Lunch is served from 11am to 9pm Monday through Friday and from noon to 9pm on the weekends. They feature clam chowder, fish & chips and sandwiches. Dinner is served every night 5pm to 9pm. They feature Mexican & Italian will be added in early March. They have a full espresso coffee shop & ice cream available all day. Their menus are available on their home page. Breakfast is only provided by Auke Lake BnB May- September. For more information on Auke Bay Cafe you can check out their website.
If you are staying more than one day, we will be picking up trash and used towels outside your door and providing new supplies at your door. Our housekeepers will not be entering your room during your stay.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• Per Alaska re-opening guidelines, staff and guests will be required to continue social distancing and to wear masks while in public areas of the inn.
• As part of social distancing, we must request that guests take a break from shaking hands and hugging staff.
• Staff are wearing masks and have increased their hand-washing schedule to meet or exceed CDC guidelines.
• We are encouraging guests to wash their hands frequently and we have sanitizer dispensers at our entrances.
• We have increased regular deep cleaning and disinfection schedules of all spaces within the building, including railings, door handles, light switches, etc.
• To take these extra cleaning precautions we will need extra time to clean and air out the rooms. There will be at least one day between check in's.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to keep you informed. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 907-957-9263 or .